Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The new Throne of Agony

In the last week of my hunger strike I was often reminded of the old song 'throne of agony' by J.G. Thirlwell, the song is about death by slow causes.  Which was very fitting to me as my spine was giving out and my organs began failing.  I was starting to look forward to the eventual end of my suffering.  I remember thinking that starvation had to be about the most horrid death imaginable with the possible exception of radiation poisoning.
I had forgotten about the Chinese communist governments policies of slowly torturing dissidents.  Their salt water forced abortion policy designed to kill the mother as well as the child, if the mother lives she is sterile and cannot produce a child that may possibly oppose the government.  They have policies of parading prisoners through town, in front of their families and beat them mercilessly until their families give the soldiers the cost of the bullet that ends their suffering.
 This is the daily reality in Chinese occupied nations like Tibet.  Right now in India there are three men on day 23 of their hunger strike against this brutality.  In solidarity here in Madison there are 3 young men on hunger strike day 3.  Right now they are on campus, on the library mall slowly dying in support of their countrymen.  My heart aches terribly when I think of their suffering to come.  Please help them.  Talk with them if you can.  If your not in Madison then call your elected officials and tell them to address these issues through our government.  Thank you.

On Wisconsin!    FORWARD!!!!

1 comment:

kks said...

Thanks for the info on the young men, I will be sure to visit them, and I will see you at the Capitol tomorrow morning...solidarity!