Friday, December 30, 2011

My apologies to "The Family"

Hey there readers glad to have you on board.  Not much news of note, well at least not directly from the capitol building, holiday break and all.  The Solidarity Sing-Along is still going on strong, as a matter of fact there was a huge celebration last night of Sing-Along #250.  You really have to admire the conviction and dedication of all involved, especially our fearless and always in tune leader Chris.  Hats off to all the singers, I love you all.

In my last entry I posted information concerning a video that is going viral of a death threat (yet again) made by a tea party tool and/or fool from Osh Kosh, WI.  When I initially viewed the footage I was basically enraged but after sleeping on things, I decided to get rid of my anger, and instead, use humor to deal with the situation.  Starting bright and early at 7a.m. I started calling the numbers I had posted for Custom Heating & Cooling, the small company owned by the person who made the death threats.

I decided to channel 'Buddy' who is Scott Thompsons old gay queen character from the cult favorite comedy show 'Kids in the Hall'  I informed Karl (death threat guy) that I was mesmerized by his virility and the way he was rubbing against the camera man and huffing and puffing like a bull in heat.  I told him that although he tried to come off as a dominant top, that I knew deep down inside, that he was a bottom just waiting to come out.

I ran with that theme for awhile and although I am kind of happy with myself for meeting the threat of violence with humor, it occurred to me that I was inadvertently being very stereotypical in my depiction of myself as a member of the LGBTQ community.  I can defend this to some extent as I was using the "Buddy" character, but only goes so far.

And so I would like to extend my apology to the LGBTQ folk everywhere for resorting to what in the year 2011 going on 2012, is a tired old cliche.  I will continue to call out Karl the death threat guy, but I will use different tactics, but not resort to sinking down to his level.

In closing the recalls are going very strong here in Wisconsin, and I commend each and every volunteer who is out there in the cold and snow, sleet and rain we have had this month, gaining petitions to trigger the election that will take back Wisconsin for her citizens.  Keep up the good work and keep the faith.

On Wisconsin!    FORWARD!!!!

No comments: