Thursday, November 1, 2012

Extending my helping hand to the GOTea


This post in running simultaneously on the old site HungryGuyMadison as well as on the new page WisconsinVictorious.

As many of my readers know I have been keeping myself quite busy lately working on supporting three different Assembly races here in Wisconsin.  In the 49th District I support the Democratic candidate Carol Beals and I would like to take a moment to thank her for running an energetic and clean, good old fashioned campaign like the kind Wisconsin used to have.

Her opponent Travis Tranel who is the ALEC/Tea party candidate has been running a rather dirty, mud slinging attack campaign, the kind we hate to see in Wisconsin.  Not having a political background of his own even though he is the incumbent, he is using slander, lies and misinformation as the basis for his campaign.

I suppose he can't very well proudly run as the rubber stamp candidate for out of state special interests, so he is resorting to typical GOTea playground bully tactics.  That is not very fair in my opinion, and not good public relations for somebody seeking election to office but it is what it is.

It is also not very fair of Tranel to refuse to make himself accessible to voters and constituents.  After all the citizens of the district would like some questions answered in regards to the issues before casting their vote next week.

It seems very unfair or unsporting of Tranel to distance himself from the tea baggers who got him into office in the first place, I know I would be upset about that and would want to discuss things with him.  But Tranels websites do not allow for people to communicate with him or leave messages.  His campaign e-mail box is full and does not accept any more incoming mail.  His home phone is unlisted and his office phone goes unanswered. So I am going to help the baggers get in touch with their boy wonder.

Also unfair is Tranels intentionally releasing and mass mailing the home phone number of Carol Beals to the violent and radical supporters that he has on the extremist right.  You can imagine the amount of harassment and abuse Carol and her family (even her grandchildren) have suffered because of this.

With all of this unfairness going on in the election I decided to do something about it.  So I dug through some Republican Party of Wisconsin online files that I should not have been able to access, and I came up with Travis Tranels secured and unlisted home phone number.

It only seems fair to make the candidate available for questions from his constituents.  And also turnabout is fair play, and I am all about fair play.  So if you have questions or comments for Travis Tranel please feel free to call him at            608-744-8774      .  

On Wisconsin!    FORWARD!!!!

No comments: