Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm tired and slightly sorry

I'm exhausted and not at the top of my game right now.  I will post my normal synopsis of today's events on Sunday morning.  Just let me say this for tonight: Madison, WI is a town with a population of (I believe) 241,000 or so souls.  It seemed to my reckoning that protesters throughout today numbered about 100K to 135K.  That is the strength of this movement.  Nothing is over.  And I'm not done yet, not by a good ol' honest Wisconsin country mile.  Scotty, can you hear me?

 Thank you to everyone who came here from Iowa, Nebraska, Canada, Minnesota, California, Ohio, Illinois and everywhere else where freedom- and democracy-loving people reside.  Thank you so much.  With much love and solidarity.  Matthew Schauenburg

(Special shout out to all my Hawthorne neighborhood friends, especially those who are union or currently enrolled as students . . . you are naughty!  I didn't see you at the protest.  Still love ya.)

On Wisconsin!    FORWARD!!!!

No comments: